Thursday, February 23, 2012

MARNI FOR H&M - THE COLLECTION AND MY FAVOURITES


In loooooove! I'm not gonna lie to you, I was definitely anticipating more sneak peaks at H&M's Marni collaboration the closer it got to the releasing date, but I certainly wasn't expecting to like it this much. I was more on the look out for the accessoires, especially the necklaces. And they did not let me down, although these are not the usual Marni necklaces as I was expecting.

•••

Verlieeeeebbt! Ich werde euch nicht anlügen, ich habe schon heiß darauf gewartet, ein paar Blicke auf H&M's Marni Kollaboration zu erhaschen, um so näher es dem Erscheinungsdatum kam, aber ich habe sicherlich nicht erwartet die Kollektion so sehr zu mögen. Besonders weil ich es eh nur auf die Accesoires abgesehen hatte, vor allem die Ketten. Und ich bin nicht enttäuscht, auch wenn es nicht die Marni Ketten sind, die ich erwartet hatte.

via H&M

I instantly fell in love with pieces, their prints reminding me of Ghana, summer 2010, when I went to the seamstress ever so often to design my own pieces and finally get traditional Ghanaian attire. I remember all those colorful fabrics with traditional prints filling the entire seamstress' hut. Marni's collection couldn't help but refresh those memories.

•••

Ich habe mich sofort in die Teile verliebt, deren Prints mich an Ghana, Sommer 2010 erinnerten. An die Zeit, in der ich immer wieder zur Näherin ging, um meine eigenen Teile zu designen und endlich traditionelle ghanaische Kleidung zu bekommen. Ich erinnere mich an all die bunten Stoffe mit traditionellen Prints, die die gesamte Hütte der Näherin füllten. Marni's Kollektion konnte nicht anders als meine Erinnerungen zu erfrischen.



 
Those are my favs above- as you can see almost the entire collection hahaha! Das sind meine Lieblinge oben - wie ihr seht fast die gesamte Kollektion hahaha!

I love this collection for maybe simply the emotional connection that sends me down memory lane. Either way I definitely can't wait for the collection to hit the stores to get a real look at it. Touch it, feel it.. love it even more...
Maybe this might just be my favorite collaboration H&M has done.

•••

Ich liebe diese Kollektion vielleicht allein schon für die emotionale Verbindung, die mich in Erinnerung schwelgt. Egal was es ist, ich kann es kaum abwarten, dass die Kollektion in die Läden kommt, um sie richtig zu sehen. Sie anzufassen, sie zu fühlen.. sie noch mehr zu lieben...
Dies mag vielleicht sogar meine allerliebste Kollaboration sein, die H&M je gemacht hat.


Love Lois xxx





follow me on bloglovinfacebook,